Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Believe

When I first started to write this blog it was hugely based around the paranormal experiences I encountered in the house. Some of the posts were particularly deep but all were true. I knew people would read those posts with a sceptical mind and I also knew the comments would come in along the lines of "Really?" I never expected everyone who read them to believe them even though I would have liked them to. It's usually the case that unless something has happened to you, you've seen, heard or sensed something out of this world, it's going to be hard to appreciate the experiences that some of us do have. Those times have never ceased in the house but things did go quiet for a while, as though it perhaps wasn't necessary for me to be alerted to the presence of an astral being.

But recently, things have started happening again, and I'm now at the point of inviting a medium into the house to confirm who is trying to make contact. I don't believe in coincidences. Things happen for a reason and even though it can take a considerable length of time to work out that reason, we usually get there in the end. I'm pretty sure my dad is the one trying to make that all-important contact. A few weeks ago, my friend Michelle and I were sat chatting in the drawing room when we both very distinctly heard a man shout,  "Hello." We both turned to the door and I went into the hallway as I assumed someone had walked into the house - friends often do. There was no one there.

Last week, Amy and I were in the kitchen making toast and she was giving me her usual teenage cheek when we both heard a man whisper loudly, "Amy." It was quite funny because it seemed as though he was telling her off for being rude to me!

Yesterday, Amy followed one of our cats' eyes around the office as it chased a pin-prick of light. My dad's favourite song not long before he passed away was Cher's "Believe" and she was listening to the song on You Tube at the time. I am sure you will understand why I think this is my dad. I will of course keep you posted, and will update you once my medium has visited...

13 comments:

  1. Best of luck, but where will you start trying to find a medium who isn't just a chancer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very interesting, cannot wait to hear more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh wow! How interesting.....Things like this fascinate me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd run for the hills. I cannot bear anything spooky like that. I can't even watch TV films about it. Rather you than me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, how interesting. Love the banner photo by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are lots of things that can't be explained and old houses do seem to be packed with all sorts of *memories* from the past.
    Who knows!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how very freaky. I will definitely be popping back for an update.
    Love your header photo, lovely shot of you :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you seem to be in a turmoil just lately I'm pretty sure it will be your Dad trying to comfort you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to knowing the answer, my grandad was a believer

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had similar things happen to me. One time a couple years back at work, I heard a female's voice say hello and it was not the woman I was talking too who said it. I am sure I talked about it on my blog before and maybe I will again here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm an absolute believer, I saw John Edwards live and he was amazing, well worth a medium visit. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fascinating, I keep an open mind about such things and will keep an eye on your posts to see what happens next. A x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I try my best to reply to each one individually.