Thursday, 26 June 2014

Too Many Cliches

The dream lifestyle can never last. We think we have it all and some of us do, for a while. Then we open our eyes and look towards the horizon and realise we've never really had it all, we just enjoyed the voyage. My ship has docked only I struggle to work out which walkway is best to disembark. Each twist and turn as complicated as the last prompts me to ask too many questions that will eventually lead me to jumping overboard. Handling a situation and getting through it is one thing: knowing you've come to the end of the journey is another. The grass was greener once upon a time; now it's just grass.

Life is for living, so they say. I haven't been doing much of that lately, not living for 'me' at any rate. I see an open door ahead. I need to decide whether to walk through it or continue cruising to a port called 'Nowhere'.

CJ x

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, things don't sound good. Hope you can manage to solve it, whatever it is. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stagnant puddles are as bad as stormy seas. If you keep doing what you've always done, you're always gonna get what you've always got. A port called 'somewhere' has to be better than a port called 'nowhere'. Yep...too many cliches. Here's another one: See those hills? Run for 'em. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I try my best to reply to each one individually.