Monday, 13 January 2014

Facebook

After lots of contemplation and a big dollop of inspiration from several people, including one of my oldest blogging friends, Elaine, I decided to create a Facebook Group. You may wonder why as I've spent the last two years walking away from them. But then I thought, what the hell, let's do this. And so "What's for Tea?" was created last Friday night and currently has 80 members. I suspect some won't stay, but I've been thrilled at the amount of people who have requested to join - friends of friends too, so not people I have on my own Facebook friends list. It's a very simple, informal and friendly place for people to dip in and out of whenever the mood takes them; there are no obligations, no rules and no pressure. So many Facebook groups now are littered with rules, and some make them up as they go along, which makes for a very confused group of people. So I intend to keep this one lighthearted and fun. It is a group where we share what we've had for tea, or breakfast, brunch, lunch and the snacks in between, and somewhere to share ideas for recipes, suggestions and tips, and give advice on different cooking methods. For example, we have members with diabetes and some who eat Gluten Free foods, so it's really useful to get tips and ideas from these members who might use different ingredients or cooking methods.

Some people post photos of their culinary skills which are incredibly mouth-watering. I hope to keep it going for as long as possible and with the help of other members I reckon there's lots of banter to be had. New friendships have already been formed which is always a good thing.

So if you'd like to join in the fun, meet some new faces or recognise some familiar ones, come along and request to join. You can find us here: What's for Tea?




10 comments:

  1. Good idea CJ and lovely to set up somethign light hearted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a Fun spot to find new recipes and make new friends! Thanks Kathryn!!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea, CJ. Will pop over now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just out of interest, will you be making the group private? As it is, my friends tell me I am on facebook WAY too much. All comments I make will be shared out to my friends and I am not so keen on that!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, no, at least not unless something happens and it needs to be closed or secret. It's open to everyone. I've been a member in closed and secret groups and I've been at the vile end of them when people have snitched about private conversations. So I'm keeping this one open and informal and hoping people will stay friendly and nice to each other. We'd love to have you join in.

      Delete
  5. Hi CJ, I'm here through someone I met on a blogging group who recommended your blog for your writing about your teenage daughter, Amy. I am an adult but the thing is, I'm also autistic and love to connect with other autistic people and parents of children/teens with autism. I also love Facebook groups, which is why I am excited to read this post specifically. I will consider joining and will definitely put your blog in my feed reader too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well..... I'll just wish you well with it and leave it to the more technically minded!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I try my best to reply to each one individually.