Are you a thinker? I've always been a thinker. I even start loads of sentences off with 'I think' and it must bore folk to the brink. I think everywhere; in bed, stood at the kitchen sink, on the loo, in the shower, at my desk, yet I so often wish I had the audacity to think out load. There's such a lot we could say to each other if we allowed ourselves to speak more, instead of just staring into space and clogging up our thoughts. These days, I spend a relatively large amount of time thinking up a blog post, and I find myself scrapping ideas quicker than I can say "that's shit". I really envy those who can just write an article or blog post about what's truly on their minds, even if it means a few cringes along the way. So instead, I'm going to list some points below with some of my (less ranty) thoughts, and if I ever find a back bone, I'll treat you to a post with some really ranty thoughts.
1. Why do men never put dirty washing in the linen basket? Does the Farmer really think I want to handle his skids?
2. I so wish Amy wouldn't shout at her Nintendo 3DS. Can't help feeling sorry for the virtual pets she has.
3. I love my mum more than life itself, but when she knows I work from home, she still insists on ringing me during the day and says, "I don't have anything to tell you." *goes cross-eyed*
Social Media Issues (I'll restrict this to just a few as I could go on for quite some time)
1. I can't help 'thinking' that Twitter, Facebook, Google plus and many other platforms are killing off blog comments. Would love your views on this...
2. Blogging is not a competition, it is (supposed to be) a pleasure.
3. I'm thrilled to be on various blogging lists and am actually chuffed that my little corner of the Universe is acknowledged for all the hard work I do; ranks and Top 10's are just awesome. Especially if I'm on them. *smiles wickedly*
4. Have never been able to work out why people on Twitter RT (retweet) their #FF mentions. I mean, it's nice to be mentioned but really, doooo stop.
5. Some people are so me, me, me. #justsaying
6. PR emails should be professionally worded and shouldn't start with silly bollocks such as "Hey, Crystal, how are you today?" Makes my finger hit the delete button. Pronto.
7. Bitchy blogging, bitchy tweeting and bitchiness in general needs to stop. Period.
8. And just getting back to that PR thought; no, I won't advertise your company on my blog for nothing. Go and pay someone like everyone else has to.
1. One day I will look back on my life and realise I made a difference. For now, I'll just roll my eyes and let my pre-teen daughter get the frustration of puberty out of her system. (Another how many years of this...?)
2. I so wish people would check their kids hair for nits, just every so often.
3. If folk think it's okay to stare at me and my daughter in a condescending fashion, they should find themselves a mirror and realise how ignorant they look. Not to mention ugly.
If you have any gripes you want to get off your chest, please feel free to leave them in the comments section. Interaction is what blogging is all about; let's try and bring back the spark that used to light up this wonderful world of the Blog.